zondag 1 januari 2012

Inspired thoughts

Yesterday as we joined together to pray for the coming year I had some thought that felt really inspired. Normally I would not give it a lot of thoughts and say it were my own, but because I heard about the experiences and the way God can speak, I listened and tried to honour them. 
First I saw a white pion overthrowing a larger black king (as in chess figures). After that I saw a hand directing the steps of the pion across the chessboard. At the end I saw a hand appearing above the chessboard, trying to grab the pion, but it was not there. Instead it reached for an empty spot were it was supposed to be. 


I started to think this over and felt as if God showed me the end goal, then the way and promise to get there and at last what I had to do. I just wanted to write down these thoughts because they speak to me personally about the upcoming year. A year of great significance, with a lot of changes and a lot of wisdom needed. 
The pion overthrowing the black king: This year there will be a lot of things I need to focus on, graduation, marriage, and moving to Sweden to name the biggest. And of course I will give these a lot of attention, but this image reminded me not to lose my focus on the end goal, to overthrow the devil and his works. We are called to reveal the work and victory that Jesus gained for us:For this purpose the son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil’ (1 John 3:8). And I love I saw it in the form of a pion, the least of the chess figures. It reminds me of the importance of staying humble and fearing God. 
The hand guiding the pion over the chessboard: This was a great encouragement as Gods promise is that He will guide the path witch he has already planned. He has an idea over the future and the way he wants to use us for the end goal. And as we will give us to Him and lean into His guidance, His hand will lead us. And I felt that the different places were the hand guided the pion on the chessboard stood for everything that I need, my school, my house, my job etc. When I keep leaning into His will and presence, keeping my focus on the end goal, He will take care of the things I need. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you Matthew 6:33.
The pion not being under the hand: I felt as if God wanted to highlight the importance of me positioning my life under His guidance, and to make sure I am not taking my one path on the chessboard. And it challenges me to review all my life for this coming year to see if everything is yield unto Him. 


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten